Minggu, 03 Januari 2010

Ralf Schumacher entered Formula One six years after his brother Michael



Ralf Schumacher entered Formula One six years after his brother Michael, with the same Jordan team that introduced his sibling to the grid. That's about where the similarities end. After an 11-year career with Williams, Jordan, and Toyota, Ralf retired in 2007 and ended up in the DTM series. He was a good driver and had a decent car early in his Williams tenure, but he simply didn't have the edge. He ended up with fewer race wins, six, than his brother did World Championships.

Now that Michael has returned to the circus, it looks like Ralf wants his turn under the Big Top again. Ralf said, "I know that my reputation suffered during my time at Toyota but I left that behind me. I know what I can do and I feel ready to do it again." Having turned down a race seat with one of the new teams, other rumors suggest that he's talking to Toro Rosso, where he would replace Jaime Alguersuari and partner Sebastien Buemi. Toro Rosso and Renault – and Sauber, depending – are essentially the only teams who have openings and a chance of giving Ralf a car he can do something with.

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2007-2008